# :tada: Onboarding Protocol
## Welcome aboard!
This document lists a few important steps to get things rolling once you have joined the Collective.
Not a member yet? [Sign up here](https://diglife.com/join-us/)
Not sure what we do? Watch this 2min video:
<video id="video" width="854" height="480" controls src="https://diglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/diglife002.mp4" type="video/mp4"></video>
## Alright, I joined. What's next?
We exist to nurture trustworthy technologies and we'd love your help with some of the projects we have rolling - but we also exist to support the areas of learning and aligned projects you have rolling!
_If you'd like to use our member tools to learn with friends, to do your exciting project work, to find new co-operators, and to discover overlaps with other projects here, you'll need to cover what's in the list below:_
- [ ] Have you received our **Welcome Email** with the signup link to Mattermost, our conversation space? **If not, please [contact us](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)**. (_You can also further orient yourself to y/our Collective [here](https://diglife.com/member-orientation/)_)
- [ ] Have you **read [our guiding principles](https://diglife.com/principles/)** to become familiar with the way we work & interact with each other?
- [ ] Are you here to **implement Cooperation-as-a-Service (CaaS)** within your own organization or community? **See our [Partner Delegate Protocol](https://notepad.diglife.coop/s/rJdtsxFK4#)**
- [ ] Have you **explored Diglife.coop**, our portal into all spaces and services of the Collective?
- [ ] Have you **updated your [chat](https://chat.diglife.coop/login) profile page** so that we can get to know you? (Just click on the menu by your name on upper left and go to Account Settings..)
- [ ] Have you **added your profile tags** at DigLife.coop so we - and you! - can see y/our connections to other members?
- [ ] Need help with the team tools? See our [gentle startup guide](https://notepad.diglife.coop/s/SkmK2_CsN).
## Explore our Collective at Diglife.coop
The DigLife Portal is a waystation for all members of the Digital Life Collective to discover and access shared services, work teams and operational areas organized into four domains:
1. **HOME** - These are services and conversation spaces available to all members. Interest Groups (i.e. non-workteam related groups) are focused on a variety of aspects of tech, trust, and more.
2. **PROJECTS** - These are work teams organized around value-producing (service-providing) projects.
3. **OPS** - These are work teams organized around internal operations.
4. **MAPS** - This is an interchange where map whisperers hang out.
5. **Friends** - These are separate organizations and communities connected to DigLife.
The purpose of the portal is to make it easy for members (1) to discover all services and teams the Collective offers to its members, (2) to request and control access to support services and domains (via a Sudo Protocol) and (3) to push the operation of the Collective to the "edges" (via a self-organizing protocol). Setting up new services can be done by anyone in the Collective.
Each domain has a support channel that helps people to connect and find out who's there and where to go next. For the Home domain, this is the _[Welcome + Orientation Channel](https://chat.diglife.coop/diglife/channels/welcome-orientation)_, for the Projects domain, this is the _Project Support_, for the Ops domain, the _Stewards_ and for the Partner domain, the _CaaS Support_ channel. Note that you can only access these channels if you are a member of the domain.
###### tags: `member relations` `member orientation` `member resources` `tools` `orientation` `protocol` `diglife` `ops`
###### authors: `joachim` `christina`